(TIL) Stats: Better descriptive statistics
- Instead of the mean, use the median and/or the mode.
- Instead of the standard deviation, use the mean absolute deviation,
the median absolute deviation, or the interquartile range.
- Instead of z-scores, use percentile ranks.
- Instead of skewness, use a QQ-plot or a histogram.
- Instead of x standard deviations from the mean, use x median absolute
deviations from the median.
- Instead of correlation metrics, just use a scatterplot.
Via Unlearning descriptive statistics.